Hexagon drain valve for 1" or 1-1/2" transom
Package contents: 1x drain valve, 1x marine sealant 3.5oz tube. (Sikaflex or Permatex Silicone Adhesive Sealant)
General Instruction of Drain Valve Replacement
1) First remove the old drain valve and check the drain valve hole on the transom to make sure the new drain valve matches the hole dimensions. Then clean up all the dirt from the hole. If there is water in the drain hole, wash it again and leave it dry in the air. Make sure all the condition are good before starting to install the new drain valve.
2) Put the Sealant on the drain hole surface about 1mm thickness (5-15g). Wear a glove and use a finger to push the sealant fully coated at the drain hole. Wait 30-60 minutes to let the new sealant coating stay well before putting the new drain valve in.
3) Apply about 5g of the Sealant on the valve and transom contact surface before installation. It helps the valve to get perfect water tight result.
4) Many inflatable boats come with plywood transom with wrong sealant used in the factory. The waterproof coating need to be refinished. Boat's old drain valve may have already caused some water leaking and damage to the transom. This Sikaflex sealant perfectly helps to finish the replacement.
General Instruction for Marine Sealant
Professional grade marine adhesive/ sealant used by boat builders and yards to bond and bed boat components structurally. Fast strength build-up overnight. Use above and below the waterline. Comes with nozzle. All purpose adhesive sealant, bond to hull and structural members. Bedding compound, light bonding, fast-cure polyurethane sealant.
If a partial pack remains, you can simply squeeze the air out of the tube using the included tool, thereby extending the shelf life of opened product. Includes application nozzle and dispensing/ storage tool.
- Seals, bonds, repairs, mends and secures glass, metal, plastics, fabric, vinyl, weather stripping and vinyl tops
- May be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Waterproof and flexible
- Temperature range -75°F to 450°F (-59°C to 232°C)
- Waterproof seal resists cracking, shrinking and migrating
- Can also be used as a gasket maker